- January 12, 2012
- by Staff
Simple, classic meatloaf with traditional ingredients for a family dinner. Serves 6.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dash finely ground black pepper
- 1 cup softened bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- Heat oven at 350 F (175 C). Lightly grease a single loaf pan (8×4 inch standard).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, egg, pepper and crumbs. Add the milk, and only 3 tablespoons of the steak sauce, diced onion and bell pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan, shape when necessary. Glaze the top with the left over steak sauce.
- Cook in oven for about one hour or until done. Let sit for five minutes before cutting.
A classic favorite that is quick and easy to make. Makes one 9 inch pie.
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 14 ounces condensed milk (sweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 425 F (220 C). In a large bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, salt and all spices until well combined. Pour into pie crust. Bake in preheated oven for about fifteen minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and continue bake for an additional forty minutes or until set. Let cool.