One pot Roasted Chicken
- February 26, 2019
- by Staff
Great Reciepe for www.laurainthekitchen.com
- 3 lb of Mixed Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs
- 2 tsp of Dried Paprika
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary, leaves stripped from the stem and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1-1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp of Dried Sage
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- About 12 cloves of Garlic, unpeeled
- 1-1/2 lbs of Baby Potatoes, halved
- Additional Olive Oil and a bit more Rosemary
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- In a bowl, whisk together the paprika, thyme, granulated onion, garlic, sage, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Once your marinade is combined, add the chicken and garlic cloves and make sure its well coated well
- Cover and marinate for a few hours. Allow the chicken to rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes and meanwhile, toss the potatoes with some olive oil (about 2 Tbsp) rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, place the chicken and all it’s lovely marinade in a large baking dish and surround with the potatoes.
- Roast for about 1 hour or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the potatoes are golden brown. Scatter parsley all over the top and enjoy!
Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos with Sour Cream Cabbage Slaw + Mango & Avocado
- 1 pound tilapia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- For slaw- 2 cups shredded red or napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe mango and 1 avocado diced
- 8 small corn tortillas, avocado and extra cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place fish in large ziploc bag and add olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Close bag and massage seasonings into fish. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Prepare slaw: In a medium bowl combine cabbage, cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator.
- Remove fish from marinade and place onto hot grill. Grill fish for 3-5 minutes each side, it will vary depending on the temperature of your grill. Typically the second side will take less time. Remove fish to hot plate.
- Grill tortillas for 10-20 seconds each side. Divide fish equally into tortillas, add slaw, and mango and avocado. Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 tacos total; 2 tacos each.
Spicy Cilantro Shrimp with Honey Lime Dipping Sauce
- January 15, 2014
- by Staff
Looking for a quick, healthy dinner you can have ready in under 10 minutes?
- For the shrimp:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- For the dipping sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients and chill until ready to serve with Spicy Cilantro Shrimp.
- Combine the paprika, salt, cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to fully coat the shrimp in seasoning. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 2 minutes on each side. You’ll know the shrimp is done when it turns pink and curls into a “C” shape. Toss the shrimp with fresh lime juice and cilantro and serve with Honey Lime Dipping Sauce.
Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa
- October 29, 2013
- by Staff
Gluten free • Serves 6
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 1/2 lb Butternut squash
- 1/4 cup Flat-leaf parsley, fresh
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 can Tomatoes, petite
- 1 Yellow onion, medium
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Steam the butternut squash until barely tender, about 10 minutes. Remove half of the squash pieces and set aside.
- Steam the remaining squash until very tender, an additional 4 to 6 minutes. Mash this squash with the back of a fork. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth to a simmer. Add chicken thighs, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a plate and allow to cool. Pour broth into a medium-sized bowl.
- Return the saucepan to the stovetop and lower heat to medium. Add olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is starting to turn brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, minced garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 additional minute.
- To the saucepan, add tomatoes, butternut squash pieces, mashed butternut squash. Stir to combine.
- Stir in reserved chicken broth and quinoa (I use this organic quinoa). Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa turns translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with your fingers or a fork. Stir the chicken, olives and pepper into the stew and simmer, uncovered, to heat, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve.