- January 12, 2012
- by Staff
Simple, classic meatloaf with traditional ingredients for a family dinner. Serves 6.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dash finely ground black pepper
- 1 cup softened bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- Heat oven at 350 F (175 C). Lightly grease a single loaf pan (8Ã—4 inch standard).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, egg, pepper and crumbs. Add the milk, and only 3 tablespoons of the steak sauce, diced onion and bell pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan, shape when necessary. Glaze the top with the left over steak sauce.
- Cook in oven for about one hour or until done. Let sit for five minutes before cutting.